Monday, August 1, 2011

Product Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Product Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
The reason why I love Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup so much is because it has great coverage, without any heaviness, it goes on very light with a matte finish which is really nice.  I am one that does not like to do touch-ups, who has the time, so at the end of the day when I look in the mirror, I get a nice surprise and I still look great.  Before this foundation , it would be OMG, I went around like this!! The longevity is the best I’ve seen.  The color has a nice amount of yellow in it, where it brightens your face.  If you can find the right color to  match your skin, this foundation would be the bomb for you!

So this is what I do with this foundation and make it  work for me.  I use this foundation as a concealer/spot coverage, concentrating on areas around my eyes, darker areas or redness around my nose and lips.  This foundation is great for this because of it’s, stay in place, long-wearing quality.  Then the rest of my face, if I feel my skin needs it,  I use a second foundation thats a darker color with a lighter coverage to complete my whole face.



I bought a MAC foundation pump to use one the EL and it works great! In the summer Im in 4N1 Wheat and in the winter Im 3N1 Ivory Beige.

FORMULA FACTS- Oil-free
- Dermatologist-tested
- Non-acnegenic
- Fragrance-free

What the Estee Lauder says about it: 'stay in place make up' with 15hour staying power.
What I say: get this foundation if you want a light feeling foundation with staying power like no other. This foundation dries so fast (so yes, you have to work fast) that you barely need to powder it. It stays put all day, even through sweat. This stuff literally will not move unless you want it to.

Finish: Semi matte.
Price: $35.00


Pros:
-a little goes a long long way
-stays put all day long with little to no touch up required
-large colour range
-doesn't transfer to clothes or change colour

Cons:
-comes in a glass bottle without a pump (I know some people don't like this)
-tad pricey
-glass bottle = worst nightmare for clumsy people ie myself.

3 comments:

  1. have you tried maybelline's fit me foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for sharing! U have a really cool blog, it's so inspiring! I love estee lauder!

    check out my blog, please xx

    http://la-fille-porcelaine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been thinking about getting this foundation because i need something longwear. great review! thinking about your next foundation purchase is sometimes a daunting dask lol

    ReplyDelete